Monday, June 9, 2014

A warm reception and a little bit of what's been going on.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who took the time to A) Read things I've posted when I first started Little Boy Brew up until I started my hiatus in 2012 and B) Find their way back to Little Boy Brew to see if I had become any less flowery in my beer reviews. Spoiler alert, I haven't.

I've finally made my way into the brotherhood of Craft Beer. I'm no longer chewing back vomit while I talk about the differences between 4K and 1080p and why they really don't matter. I could give two turds about the nominal differences in Apple computer/iPhone/iPad "upgrades." I don't care about how big your TV is and how great of a deal you got it for at a competitor of mine; true story, never did care. And I can finally speak freely about what I think you should do with that copy of Consumer Reports you're using to tell me how awesome a discontinued model is. Moving away from the big box consumer electronics retail world has been a boon for me. I can't begin to stress how amazing it is to look forward to going to work because you have an absolute passion for the industry you're involved in. I'm working as the Retail and Tasting Room Manager for O'Connor Brewing Co. in Norfolk, VA. I have a feeling most of my readers may be familiar with what we have to offer. If not, hopefully, you'll be seeing our beer in your market in the next few years. We just opened a brand new facility that will be capable of pushing out 15,000 barrels of beer annually with the intent to expand upon that even further. My wife makes me pay her every time I talk about how much I love my job, not unlike Schmidt's douchebag jar from New Girl. Regardless, find a way to live your dream job. Who knows, maybe in a few short years I'll be on the rig trying to keep up with the amazing production crew at OBC?

I mentioned in my Gnomegang review that I have been using Untappd as my review forum of choice. Truthfully, this has helped me keep track of what I've had and what I want to have. It also does a pretty good job of helping me stay away from things that tasted like watery gym sock. That being said, I invite everyone who reads this to check out Untappd and to find me and friend me on it! If you haven't already... My user name is "littleboybrew." I'm literally a long evening away from my 1,000th unique check-in. If you don't know what that means just assume that I am not an alcoholic.

If you want to see pictures of the beers I'm drinking or my dog or board games find me on Instagram at "littleboybrew." Seriously, I make things easy.

Lastly, expect to find me reviewing with the same furor and vigor as I did in the past. My matured and refined pallet helps me find the subtle nuances...aw F it. I'm here to drink beer and to tell you about it.

Now...who wants to set up a trade or three?

1 comment:

  1. Trade??? Trade???? I feel like an enabler when I give you beers. But I honestly must say that every time you come to dinner you bring me a beer that I have never had. So I guess that is, in essence, a trade. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete