Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Impeachment would be harsh.

Brewery: 21st Amendment Brewery
Location: Cold Spring, MIN
Name: Fireside Chat
Type: Winter Warmer
ABV: 7.9%
This may be the shortest review I write. Seriously. I'm trying to think of ways to bolster the length of this and the only thing I can do is write about how short this post will be. Counter intuitive? Call it what you want. First of all, great packaging. FDR is a pimp. Secondly, this is a pretty beer. A super deep amber-y brown produces an awesome khaki colored cloudy head. Then, things go horribly awry. The nose is plentiful with the spices. Some malt and toffee notes show up as well. Commence the tasting. There's a very "attention needing" quality to this beer. The flavor is sharp and sour almost instantly. What first could be written off as tart turns harshly into sour and it persists. There's a brief splash of malt in the middle but it's just a rough tasting beer. I couldn't finish it. In my opinion, 21st Amendment missed the boat on this one. I'm inclined to encourage my fellow beer lovers to pass this one up.
Really? He poured it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment