Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Any which way but Wychcraft

Have another round on me.

Brewery: Wychwood Brewery
Location: Witney, Oxford, England
Name: Wychcraft
Type: Blonde Ale
I've got to be honest, I've seen this several times and passed over it several times. Not sure why I passed it up, it just sort of happened. I always liked the way the bottle was shaped (big bottle coming in at 500ml) and the label is pretty good looking. It has the four elements depicted in each corner of the label. It's a nice looking label. But really, it's what inside that counts. The beer pours a somewhat hazy gold color with a mild reddish hue. Not much by way of foam action though. The bouquet gives you a barely there citrus scent with a mild hops aroma. Getting into it I found the taste to be a little disappointing. It has a mild taste...kind of sour. There's a hint of carbonation and came off feeling and tasting a little watered down. The aftertaste was an interesting mix of biscuits and quickly vanishing citrus. By no means is this a terrible beer but it is one that I would pass up in favor of something new. Looking back, it seems my negligence in picking this beer up was not a misstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment